We’re all happy to be saying our good byes to Old Man Winter this year. We’ve been driving in sleet, sludge, walking on ice, and kicking the snow from our boots for a few weeks too long! It’s time to step out of hibernation and enjoy all of the great things our community has to offer. Many of the best ideas are probably right in your back yard (literally and figuratively!)
We’re ready to stretch our legs and see some sights! So Arch Interim Housing has made a list:
- Host a barbecue or community party with friends and neighbors.
- Play touch football, catch, or baseball at a local park.
- Visit the St. Louis Zoo.
- Take a walk through Laumeir Sculpture Park.
- Enjoy a quiet afternoon at The Missouri Botanical Gardens.
- Bike, walk, or run through Forest Park.
- Check out your local parks and lakes and plan a fishing trip.
- Grab tickets to a Cardinals’ game!
- Feed some animals and stretch your legs at Grant’s Farm.
- Visit Ted Drewe’s for the best frozen custard you’ll ever have. Ever.
- Take a tour of the Gateway Arch.
- Have a drink 400 feet above Downtown at Bar 360.
- Spend the afternoon – or evening at the Science Center.
- Tour Anheuser Busch Brewery with some friends.
- Take your little ones to the City Museum.
- Visit the Cahokia Mounds and rediscover ancient history.
- Drive up the Great River Road.
- Find the best toasted raviolis in the city. One diner at a time.
- Visit Historic St. Charles for a whole day of fun in the sun.
- Head to Meramec Caverns for a one-of-a-kind spelunking experience.
- Walk through Soulard Market for your weekly grocery shopping.
- Check out some of the historical sites of Lewis & Clark.
- Take a day trip to Hermann, Missouri – our very own wine country.
- Visit the Art Museum for a taste of culture.
- See what’s swimming at the World Aquarium[/col-half]
St. Louis is full of exciting opportunities for short term stay residents to enjoy their time. Inviting, friendly, hospitable, restaurants and attractions are just a few of the options you have for a day out in the city. Tell us your favorite way to spend a day off in the area!