A favorite weekend getaway for St. Louis residents has always been none other than Kansas City. Our neighbors to the West enjoy a plethora of entertainment, and for those who are living in the St. Louis area temporarily, Kansas City is a must see- though it might be tempting to stay in and enjoy your all inclusive housing! Arch Interim Housing has created a list of awesome things to do during your stay in Kansas City, in just a few hours of driving, transform your weekend into a vacation with memories that will last a lifetime!
Often referred to as “The Paris of the Plains” Kansas City boasts some of the finest attractions in the Midwest. Filled with romantic retreat ideas for couples, and family friendly amusements indoors and outdoors, here are a just few of the best attractions Kansas City has to offer.
Great Things to Do in Kansas City
- SkyZone Trampoline Park – a great place for everyone to burn off some energy and bounce the day away. Skyzone offers games of basketball, dodgeball, and fitness classes suitable for all ages- and is a great way to get exercise in any weather.
- City In Motion Dance Theatre – explore the arts and movement of skilled dancers. Take a class with city in motion – they offer drop in classes teaching a range of dances from Flamenco, to salsa to traditional ball room dancing for just $15!
- Cool off, without the worry of a sunburn Monday morning. Indoor water parks are all the rage in Kansas city, they’ve got two huge ones that are sure to please. Check out CoCo Key Water Resort and Great Wolf Lodge for slides, games, pool fun and adults only relaxation areas.
- Relax at The Ambassador Hotel, a boutique hotel with exquisite views of the city, but just a stroll away from the fun and attractions of the Power & Light District. Get a bite to eat at one of the 50 nearby restaurants or settle in for a relaxing evening in your home away from home.
- If you’re looking to get out and about, or even a little rowdy- check out Martini Corner, or The Drop. Both have excellent drink menus and are the perfect lively environment for a night on the town.
- If you’re feeling a little artsy during your time in Kansas City, head out to Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, which is recognized as one of the best in the country! Designed by Gunnar Birkerts, this museum is full of fun and excitement- like the light filled atrium, exhibitions, special events and delicious café!
Art & Culture, Shopping, Sports and recreation are all just a few of the attractions available in Kansas City. Make the most of your temporary stay here in St. Louis, and enjoy some of the best entertainment the area has to offer! Check www.visitkc.com for more tourist information, and stay tuned to our blog for more entertainment ideas in and near The Lou!