If you’re staying in an Arch Interim Housing corporate suite, chances are that you are new to St. Louis and you might not know all the great things to do in and around the city. Sure, there’s always the Gateway Arch, and there are many sporting events to partake in, but that’s all St. Louis really is, right?
St. Louis is a city bustling with lots of activity and fun things to do. Best of all, no matter which direction you’re coming from or which Arch Interim Housing corporate suite you’re staying in, getting in and around the city is quite easy via car, train, plane, bicycle, riverboat, or public transportation like the MetroLink and the MetroBus.
Travel in St. Louis is made even easier with “Attraction Corridor” signs, which are located along the major thoroughfares of the city, including Broadway, Grand Avenue, and Kingshighway.
In this edition, we at Arch Interim Housing will talk about 14 fun and unique activities you can partake in and enjoy along and near the Broadway Corridor in St. Louis, the area closest to the Mississippi River. Check them out below!
1. Take a Budweiser Tour – St. Louis is known for its beer. Take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Center, which is located at the south end of the Soulard neighborhood, to see how they make their beer, have a few samples, and visit the gift shop. The center is located right off S. Broadway and is very close to I-55.
2. Busch Stadium – This 46,000 seat retro-style baseball park was opened on April 10, 2006 in downtown St. Louis and hosts 81 Major League home games each season from April until October. It’s located right next to I-64, and you can also get there via the MetroLink!
3. Cherokee Antique Row – Looking for a unique shopping expedition? Cherokee Antique Row is right up your alley with more than 30 antique stores, specialty shops, restaurants, and art galleries! Located 10 minutes from downtown St. Louis, you’ll find special collectibles and antiques, vintage books, clothes, and furniture, unique artwork, and so much more! This 6-block area of shops is located within the boundaries of the Cherokee-Lemp Historic District and is very close to I-55.
4. The Gateway Arch – Attracting 4 million guests every year, the Arch stands tall at 630 feet and is our nation’s tallest man-made monument. Go to the very top within the Arch and take in the gorgeous bird’s-eye view of the city, or check out the Museum of Westward Expansion below!
5. Downtown – Downtown St. Louis is the place to go when you want to check out a fun nightlife, eat delicious food, and check out some diverse visual and performing arts. You’ll find over 200 restaurants, shops, attractions, and much more there, and you can easily travel through downtown via car, MetroBus, or the MetroLink.
6. Citygarden – A St. Louis gem is waiting for you within walking distance of the Gateway Arch. Citygarden is a vibrant and peaceful blending of gorgeous plants, internationally known sculptures, and lots of great architecture and design. You can get there easily by car, and it is located in proximity to both a MetroLink station and several MetroBus stops.
7. Edward Jones Dome – Built in 1995, The Dome is the place for entertainment, sporting events, and even conventions. It’s home to the St. Louis Rams football team, and has hosted the Final Four in 2005. The Dome is easily accessible, located right by I-70 and very near a MetroLink stop.
8. Laclede’s Landing – Be sure to check out St. Louis’s only riverfront entertainment and dining destination, which is located just north of the Arch. You’ll find more than 20 great restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs, shops, and attractions in this nine-block area, which is located right by I-70 and the Martin Luther King bridge.
9. Historic Soulard – Soulard, which is one of the oldest areas in St. Louis, was named a National Historic District in 1972 and is home to over 30 award-winning restaurants. Visit the pubs and clubs at night, and be sure to come out during Mardi Gras for one of the largest annual celebrations in the nation. You can find Soulard by Interstates 44 and 55.
10. Lumiere Place – Located right next to Laclede’s Landing and very close to the Martin Luther King Bridge, the Lumiere Place features casinos, fabulous dining experiences, concerts, and an exhilarating nightlife.
11. St. Louis Union Station – A National Historic Landmark, the St. Louis Union Station is full of absolute beauty and elegance. Among the gorgeous architecture, you can find specialty shops, entertainment venues, restaurants, and much more. Located farther west in the city, Union Station is located very close to I-64 and to a stop on the MetroLink.
12. Scottrade Center – If you’re a hockey fan, you’ve got to make it down to the Scottrade Center, home of the St. Louis Blues. Besides hosting home hockey games, the Scottrade features full-range programming like concerts, family shows, and other sporting events, and it is located very close to I-64 and the MetroLink.
13. Soldiers Memorial – Located just two streets north of the Scottrade Center, the Soldiers Memorial has galleries containing military-related items of local and national historic significance including posters, photos, and printed materials. You can also find uniforms, flags, medals, edged weapons and firearms, and a range of war-time memorabilia.
14. Soulard Market – Visit the oldest farmers market west of the Mississippi down in Soulard! You’ll find a great variety of fresh foods, flowers, and hand-made goods. With over 80 vendors, you’re sure to find something great!
Looking for temporary housing that’s second-to-none in the Greater St. Louis Region? Just give Arch Interim Housing a call at (866) 921-5888 or visit us online at www.archcorporatehousing.com for more information! If you want to stay connected with all the goings-on in St. Louis, why not connect with us online while you’re at it? Just like us on Facebook, and you’ll stay updated with all the great events and happenings in the city! We believe that no matter which of our many safe and luxurious locations you choose to stay in, you will find that St. Louis is a city full of wonder and countless activities to enjoy alone, with friends, or with your entire family!