With spring fast approaching now is the perfect time to start planning a weekend road trip. To help you with your planning, Arch Interim Housing has put together a list of five great weekend road trip destinations. If you’re here for a short term stay, and are new to the area, now is a great time to explore your surroundings.
- Garden of the Gods. Located three hours south-east of St. Louis, Garden of the Gods is a unique hiking and camping destination set in the middle of the Shawnee National Forest. It’s the perfect place to take in the beauty of Southern Illinois, and enjoy a lunch outside with friends. You can even bring your pet, it’s a great opportunity for everyone to stretch their legs!
- If you’re looking for a fun way to spend a day, or a weekend, Holiday World is awesome. While most St. Louis natives flock to Six Flags in the spring and summer, Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana offers a nice change of scenery for amusement park patrons. The park also offers nice perks like free parking, free unlimited soda, free sunscreen, and a water park!
- Looking for something a little closer to home? Meramec Caverns is a one-of-a-kind experience to behold. Meramec Caverns is located only an hour from St. Louis in Stanton, Missouri, and offers camping, zip lining, and riverboat tours in addition to guided tours of a seven-level natural wonder.
- Purina Farms. Are you an animal lover? At Arch Interim Housing, we understand! Purina Farms is the perfect destination for a weekend road trip. Located in Gray Summit, you get access to shows, wagon rides, a hay-maze, and more. The best part? It’s free!
- Splash City. A water park that the whole family will love is Splash City. Only 30 minutes outside of St. Louis, it’s not much of a road trip but a great way to spend an entire day out of the house! This park is the perfect destination includes lap pools, a wave pool, water slides, and more!
- Take advantage of the warmer weather and set out to enjoy yourself this season. Our staff is always happy to answer any questions you may have about the area, and please, let us know about the great times you’ve had while out exploring! For more ideas beyond the blog- check out our Arch Interim Housing Pinterest board “Spring Escapes.”